It was great meeting you and I'm happy to see you take an active role in your future.
While things are still being played out in Wall Street in this current financial crisis, what is still certain is that the most elite areas of finance (i.e. investment banking, private equity, mergers & acquisitions) will provide you with the tools and stepping stones to succeed in your future endeavours.
Despite the bashing that finance is taking now, no where else in finance, or any other job/career track for that matter, can provide you with what the top echelon of finance can provide, all in one, at an early stage of your career. This is an accelerated learning over a short few years in finance that can literally take decades to learn in non-finance, specifically:
- extreme discipline and attention to detail that is so critical to success in any chosen field
- ability to critically think and analyze and form independent decisions
- use of numbers and financial models to quantify difficult qualitative factors
- exposure to how to properly market and sell a product against a strong competitor
- methodical approach to problem solving and tackling difficult real-world situations
- research and grunt work required that supports and builds the final analysis (are you willing to get your hands dirty?)
- presentation skills and conducting oneself properly in a business setting
- learning all aspects of what makes a business function (three-legged stool of starting a business)
- separating teamwork vs working individually (what does it take to get the project done?)
- meet and learn from top executives from Fortune 500 companies helping them execute a piece of their business plan and corporate strategy
- absorb learning experiences from successful entrepreneurs who built their business up from scratch 20 years ago that you are now helping to sell or buy or invest in for $200 million
This is what the principals of Wall St. Training have personally gained from our respective experiences with Wall Street. Throughout your interaction with Wall St. Training, we are here to provide you guidance, mentorship and advice to reach your goal, now and in the future. We train over 12,000 professionals a year and you would belong to the WST network in which we help each other succeed. Your immediate goal is to catapult yourself to the position to master the tools listed above. Your intermediate goal is to master the tools. Your longer-term goal is to translate such tools into your own success story.
Let me know if you have any questions/concerns.